- Walking On The Moon (RSD One Drop)
- Roxanne ft. Joe Peng (RSD Vocal Edit)
- The Bed´s Too Big Without You ft. Ranking Roger (RSD Vocal Edit)
- Message In A Bottle ft. Earl 16 (RSD Short Edit)
- Spirts In A Material World ft. Benjamin Zephaniah (RSD Vocal Edit)
- So Lonely ft. Big Youth (RSD Vocal Edit)
- Wrapped Around Your Finger ft. Jazz'min (RSD Vocal Edit)
- Bring On The Night (RSD Mellow Edit)
- Spirts In A Material World ft. Benjamin Zephaniah (RSD short deep Dub)
- Roxanne ft. Joe Peng (RSD Dub)
- Bring On The Night (RSD Mellow Dub)
- Walking On The Moon (RSD Dub)
- Roxanne ft. Joe Peng (RSD Steppers)
- The Bed´s Too Big Without You ft. Ranking Roger (RSD Dub)
- Message In A Bottle ft. Earl 16 (RSD Dub Edit short)
- Spirts In A Material World ft. Benjamin Zephaniah (RSD Dub Mix)
- Spirts In A Material World ft. Benjamin Zephaniah (RSD short vocal Dub Mix)
- So Lonely ft. Big Youth (RSD Dub)
- Wrapped Around Your Finger ft. Jazz'min (RSD Dub)
- Bring On The Night (RSD Murda)
Release DetailsLABEL : ECHO BEACH
SERIAL : ECHO BEACH CD 104
DATE : SEPTEMBER 13, 2014
FORMAT : CD / DIGITAL
PLAYTIME : 11 TRACKS - 53:45 Minutes
DubXanne The Police In Dub (re synchronised by Rob Smith aka RSD)September 26, 2014
Buy Now► iTunes
► Amazon (CD / MP3)
In the late seventies, THE POLICE were the biggest band in Britain; by the early eighties they ruled the globe as a three-headed, bleached-blond monster of rock.
Surfing a new wave sound which valued intellectual cool and lightly sprinkled ethnic influences over the discredited rock’n’roll bluster of old. The first post-punk supergroup.
A constructive arrogance and a very lucky streak…!!!
At the end of 1977, over the Christmas period, Stewart Copeland played Sting some of his reggae records. When Summers returned to Britain from his vacation in America, he found his band mates newly inspired by Jamaican sounds. The rest we all know is history… !
23 years later … and everybody knows what’s going on with The Police: they’ve reformed and went back out on tour. Another key event – also 23 years later - is the release of a project which has been simmering for quite some time now: The Police in Dub. Due for release in 2008 on ECHO BEACH.
After exhaustive scrutiny of the Police back catalogue at EMI Music Publishing (which controls and manages the rights for Sting’s songs) and lengthy negotiations with Sting’s management team, final consent for the project was granted in March 2008. Now the world can sit back and look forward to dub versions of the biggest tunes by The Police :
Another 6 years later Rob Smith also know as RSD or better known as a producer from Bristol (he is a synonymous with progressive modern dancefloor-oriented reggae in all shapes and facets: dubstep, jungle dub, roots dub and drum´n`bass) who produced of the first Massive Attack EP, early Neneh Cherry material and also and his own house band, SMITH & MIGHTY). He also remixed tons of pop tracks like M People, Beats International, Fine Young Canibals etc. Rob Smith is renowned for imaginative production and made his master of resynchronsation on the POLICE IN Dub material. He focused in a very sensitive way to rework, restyle and synchronize the original material and we are really proud to release this album on ECHO BEACH.